Throughout late 2021 and 2022 our congregants were invited to participate in a series of events organized by Rev. Greg Coles for the purpose of helping us navigate our church sale and move. One of the steps in this process was peer interviews which asked the following three questions:
1) What are your three wishes for UNS?
2) What is the boldest step UNS can take in the next 1-2 years?
3) What is the next doable step UNS can take?
You can download the raw data from the interview responses in the link below. The responses are color-coded by theme. There are 5 themes that are very consistent with other feedback we have heard. By far, the 3 most common themes were around engagement within UNS and expanding to embrace the community. The themes below are organized by estimated duration (e.g. Sunday services are the easiest to change.).
1. Energize Sunday services with improved music, dancing, etc. It was noted by 5 people, most commonly in the "Top 3 Wishes" section.
2. Shorter term, engage the congregation in developing our vision / plan for moving forward. This was most common in the "Doable Next Step" section, noted by 6 respondents.
3. Longer term, drive engagement within UNS through classes, programming, etc. This theme was noted by 12 of 18 respondents, most commonly in the "Top 3 Wishes" section.
4. Expand our reach to the community to drive interest and growth, especially among younger people. This was the most common theme overall, highlighted by 14 people, with 20 ideas in the "Top 3 Wishes" section and 8 people listing something about this theme in their "Boldest Move" section.
5. The final theme was around the location of our RPH, though there was no clear consensus about what people wanted to see / do. The responses were generally very generic, such as "lease a nearby space", so it is difficult to glean any takeaways.